Verizon outage in Southern California?

Olsen, Jason jolsen at devry.com
Tue Oct 18 16:08:06 UTC 2005

> We lost connectivity to a number of customers in the Los
> Angeles and Long beach area and the local AM radio news
> stations are talking about some major telephone issues
> regarding Verizon.
>
> Anyone have more information?  It seems to have started
> around 02:30 local time this morning.

We lost connectivity (WAN/Internet/POTS) to our Long Beach site at
around 2:27 AM PDT today.  Several news agencies are reporting it on the
web (hooray news.google.com), citing "mechanical glitches" or bad
weather.  I've also heard rumors of a power outage, though I find those
highly suspect.  Choose your villan, I guess.

http://www.mercurynews.com/mld/mercurynews/news/local/states/california/
northern_california/12933014.htm
http://www.nbc4.tv/news/5115425/detail.html
http://abclocal.go.com/kabc/story?section=local&id=3546999

Jason "Feren" Olsen      Senior Network Engineer     DeVry, Inc
Em: jolsen at devry.com     Ph: 630-645-1607            One Tower Lane
INOC-DBA: 19258*526      Fx: 630-389-2929            Oakbrook Terrace,
IL 60181