And Now for Something Completely Different (was Re: IPv6 news)

Paul Vixie vixie at vix.com
Tue Oct 18 02:09:36 UTC 2005

tony.li at tony.li (Tony Li) writes:

> Specifically, the IAB should call for a halt to IPv6 deployment until
> consensus is reached on a scalable routing architecture.  I realize
> that this is painful, but continuing to deploy is simply creating a
> v6 mortgage that we cannot afford to pay off.

well, maybe so.  but IAB could never make deployment start, and IAB cannot
make deployment stop.  deployment happens on its own terms.  leadership has
a built in time delay and a couple layers of indirection between intent and
action and results.  if you want IAB to lead somehow, give them some runway.
--
Paul Vixie