IPv6 news

Paul Jakma paul at clubi.ie
Mon Oct 17 11:42:15 UTC 2005

On Mon, 17 Oct 2005, Michael.Dillon at btradianz.com wrote:

> I agree that the end state is *NOT* 100% multihoming. It is too
> complex for most people and there is no business justification for
> it. But an awful lot of business customers will be able to justify
> multihoming. That is part and parcel of the "mission critical"
> Internet.

Portability is another aspect. You mightn't need multihoming for
failover (don't know about you, but my ISP is plenty reliable), but
you might want the ability to be "multihomed over time".

Course, IPv6 makes renumbering really easy, so maybe that argument is
moot.

regards,
Fortune:
The secret source of humor is not joy but sorrow; there is no humor in Heaven.
 		-- Mark Twain