shim6 (was Re: IPv6 news)

Daniel Roesen dr at cluenet.de
Fri Oct 14 19:39:58 UTC 2005

On Fri, Oct 14, 2005 at 07:27:37PM +0000, bmanning at vacation.karoshi.com wrote:
> 	the kicker here is that the applications then need some
> 	serious smarts to do proper source address selection.

Nope. The ULID is supposed to be static, globally unique. Just not
globally routed. Seperating topology from identification.

Something I didn't see discussed yet is that shim6 sites would need to
get a globally unique, provider independent /48 or larger... which folks
could start to announce. But I guess that address space would come from
blocks earmarked as "non-routable, it's a bogon, bad IP space, filter in
BGP at first sight!". :-)

Regards,
Daniel