IPv6 news - newbie

Ben Butler ben.butler at c2internet.net
Fri Oct 14 16:32:10 UTC 2005

***********************
Your mail has been scanned by InterScan VirusWall.
***********-***********

"One thing i find promising/good:  Lots of people here sent their v6
traces to the list, so it's not just a few random geeks messing with v6
as much anymore, it's there.

	- jared"

Hi,

Well this thread primarily, plus the problems I am having currently
getting multicast & pim working correctly, have spurred me onto do the
reading and multi-stack the network and start talking native v6 across
the core to the various IXs + transits I am connecting to.

I must confess that having read various Cisco + MS documents on v6 I
cant quite see what all the fuss about its lots of work and its really
hard is all about - but then I only operate a "small" UK network and
multi-stack was way less complicated for me than tunnels.  So I would
recommend others have a look too.  I have no idea whether there is a
market for v6 connectivity / hosting amongst UK businesses, I guess we
will find out.

I wonder how long it will be before v4 internet is turned off???

Regards

Ben