IPv6 news

JORDI PALET MARTINEZ jordi.palet at consulintel.es
Fri Oct 14 00:17:28 UTC 2005

Of course, that's a business decision, but may be instead of getting a new
check for the IPv6 service, not providing it, you will lost some checks from
existing customers who demand dual stack ;-)

Business is also be competitive, and other carriers already have the service
as a value added to the existing IPv4 customers.

Regards,
Jordi

> De: "Christopher L. Morrow" <christopher.morrow at mci.com>
> Responder a: <owner-nanog at merit.edu>
> Fecha: Thu, 13 Oct 2005 22:55:09 +0000 (GMT)
> Para: Jeroen Massar <jeroen at unfix.org>
> CC: Peter Lothberg <roll at Stupi.SE>, <nanog at nanog.org>
> Asunto: Re: IPv6 news
>

> On Thu, 13 Oct 2005, Jeroen Massar wrote:
>
>> On Thu, 2005-10-13 at 11:05 -0700, Peter Lothberg wrote:
>>
>>> Is there anyone who can talk to it using IPv6 on the Nanog list?
>>>
>>> (Time20.Stupi.SE, 2001:0440:1880:1000::0020)
>>
>> As a certain "Tier 1" still uses a mesh of tunnels and uses Viagenie in
>> Canada as their transit provider latency to the above IP is in the area
>> of 300ms, going transatlantic twice. IPv4 latency is only 66ms though.
>> I do hope that some "Tier 1's" get their act together and start doing
>> native IPv6. I already once suggested upgrading their hardware to
>> them ;)
>
> I also presume you sent them a check and showed them the business case for
> the upgrade? No large provider is going to upgrade anything without a
> business reason. Oh, and some parts, critical parts even, of v6 are still
> 'broken'...

The IPv6 Portal: http://www.ipv6tf.org

Barcelona 2005 Global IPv6 Summit
Information available at: