IPv6 news

JORDI PALET MARTINEZ jordi.palet at consulintel.es
Wed Oct 12 23:41:21 UTC 2005

I don't think so ... I recall Geoff Huston in the last APNIC indicated that
this kind of actions are only going to provide a few additional time.

I think the BoF should be more in the direction of "why not doing already
IPv6 (from the perspective of the ISPs) ?".

Delaying the inevitable don't seems the best approach to me, instead,
preparing everything ahead of time, reduce the cost, which in any case is
not significant.

Regards,
Jordi

> De: Daniel Golding <dgolding at burtongroup.com>
> Responder a: <owner-nanog at merit.edu>
> Fecha: Wed, 12 Oct 2005 15:20:31 -0400
> Para: Randy Bush <randy at psg.com>, "Steven M. Bellovin" <smb at cs.columbia.edu>
> CC: <nanog at nanog.org>
> Conversación: IPv6 news
> Asunto: Re: IPv6 news
>

> On 10/12/05 3:13 PM, "Randy Bush" <randy at psg.com> wrote:
>

>> geoff's predictions for a very lively market in v4 space will
>> seriously come into play.
>
> Maybe its time to have a serious talk about IPv4 commodity trading schemes.
> Anyone interested in this enough to have a BOF at ARIN/NANOG?
>
> This could extend the lifetime of the IPv4 space significantly by promoting
> efficient use through economic incentives, provide positive economic
> incentives to move to v6 when needed, and eliminate the grey market.
>
> Proper controls could be put into place to prevent de-aggregation through
> utilization of the RIRs as clearing houses.
>

>> randy

The IPv6 Portal: http://www.ipv6tf.org

Barcelona 2005 Global IPv6 Summit
Information available at: