whois.register.com - exceeded maximum number of queries?

Jim Popovitch jimpop at yahoo.com
Wed Oct 12 22:56:40 UTC 2005

Erik Sundberg wrote:
> Any reason why the whois.register.com would say "You have exceeded your
> maximum number of queries.".  Tried it from 3 differnet boxes that have 3
> differnent public ip address. Tried the web gui too and I get the same
> lookup error. This looks specific to whois.register.com.
>
> Is anyone else seeing the same thing????

I, being a bit larger than the average customer of Register.com,
normally see the same thing if I setup a script to pull current whois
data for all the domains I have registered (most on behalf of others).
However I just confirmed that I get the same response from multiple
locations, so it does look like whois.register.com is having some issues.

    "You have exceeded your maximum number of queries."

-Jim P.