VPLS Experience

danazster danazster at gmail.com
Wed Oct 12 05:01:15 UTC 2005

I keep hearing that VPLS is a Good Thing.

Indeed for certain design models it seems to offer some real
advantages. There doesn't seem to be anywhere near the level of
stability concern that we saw when MPLS first came out - there was a
really strong negative about MPLS in 1999 at nanog, behind the scenes
anyway. [1]

Has anyone got any good deployment or lab test experience they can share?

Obviously comment on debug tools, operating models etc would be cool.

Basically I am hearing a bit of FUD about jumbo frames, dDOS and
multicast, but they look like design problems to me.

Has anyone got any backbone or converged network experience they can
share? Off or on list is fine

ta

nazster
[1] and they were right *then* weren't they but that's ANOTHER thread