Cogent/Level 3 depeering (philosophical solution)

Paul Vixie vixie at vix.com
Mon Oct 10 03:27:09 UTC 2005

davids at webmaster.com ("David Schwartz") writes:

> 	I think the industry simply needs to accept that it's more
> expensive to receive traffic than to send it.

It is?  For everybody?  For always?  That's a BIG statement.  Can you justify?

> 	The question is whether the benefit to each side exceeds their cost.

Yea, verily.  But I don't think you'll find a one-cost-fits-all model.  When
one person's costs are lower than another and they're doing similar things,
it's often called "efficiency" or "competitiveness".  (Just as one example.)
--
Paul Vixie