Cogent move without renumbering

Patrick W. Gilmore patrick at ianai.net
Sat Oct 8 15:14:19 UTC 2005

On Oct 8, 2005, at 8:40 AM, William Allen Simpson wrote:

> Randy Bush wrote:
>
>> most isps that matter are actually at ixen, though they do not
>> exchange large amounts of traffic there.  ixen do not much like the
>> gigabits of traffic exchanged between the major isps, and the isps
>> don't particularly wish to expose that traffic to ixen.  note that
>> this is a somewhat us-centric view, but does extend somewhat.
>>
> Unless you have data that is not published, there is no factual
> support for your initial statement.
>
> In the context of the earlier discussion, "ISPs that matter" would be
> those that have an AS, and are multi-homed, and have PI space.

Let's cut this thread short right here.  Since you and Randy clearly
have different definitions of "ISPs that matter", can we not spend
100 posts on what would be two people arguing different sides of
different points?

The sad part is you knew (or at least should have known, if you
honestly believe your opinion os worth wasting over 10,000 people's
time) what Randy meant.

--
TTFN,
patrick