Cogent/Level 3 depeering

Patrick W. Gilmore patrick at ianai.net
Fri Oct 7 17:47:11 UTC 2005

On Oct 7, 2005, at 12:56 PM, Charles Gucker wrote:

>     Simply put, yes.  Longer answer, Level(3) would have to "kiss
> and make up" with Cogent before the sessions would be coordinated to
> be turned up.  There would certainly have to be a renewed level of
> communication between these two networks to come up with this result.

I seriously doubt L3 would have to do anything but revert to the last
known good configuration.

If Cogent has done anything to those BGP configurations, they're not
only being silly, but they are being disingenuous, since they said
they left the configs in place.

Of course, that only gets the bits flowing, it doesn't solve the
underlying issue.

--
TTFN,
patrick