Cogent/Level 3 depeering

btbowman at comcast.net btbowman at comcast.net
Fri Oct 7 15:33:01 UTC 2005

*Leo Bicknell [bicknell at ufp.org] wrote:
>If you don't have enable on a router, and you've never negotiated peering with a transit free ISP then you're not qualified to comment.
>You really don't understand what's going on here, and it's not, I repeat, not a technical problem. There is nothing wrong with the technology, architecture, or anything else. There is something wrong with the business >model of one, or both of these companies.

Well, I disagree.
I have no clue.
I am not an ISP
I do, however, have enable.
We do buy transit
There are lots of folks that have replied to this thread. A number of them have a lot of "clue". Some, like me, don't. If this list didn't have such lively discussions I would not have the education about how the "Internet" works that this list has given me. If only people with "clue" commented on things this would be a dull place indeed. Might just as well be a closed list.
For this, I thank all of you that have contributed.