Regulatory intervention

Ross Hosman rosshosman at yahoo.com
Fri Oct 7 15:26:13 UTC 2005

Also:

US Representative Edward J. Markey, a Massachusetts
Democrat and ranking member of the House
Telecommunications Subcommittee, hinted that the
Federal Communications Commission might interfere in
the matter. ''Obviously, I hope the parties will reach
a timely commercial arrangement to resolve this
dispute," said Markey, ''but the FCC must be prepared
to take steps to assure continuity of service to
consumers in the event that the parties fail to reach
an agreement."

http://www.boston.com/business/globe/articles/2005/10/07/dispute_threatens_to_snarl_internet/?page=2

http://www.betanews.com/article/Google_Goes_to_Washington/1128691070