Cogent/Level 3 Contracts (was: Cogent/Level 3 depeering)

William Allen Simpson wsimpson at greendragon.com
Fri Oct 7 12:20:24 UTC 2005

Stephen J. Wilcox wrote:
> On Thu, 6 Oct 2005, JC Dill wrote:
>>IMHO all L3 customers have a valid argument that Level 3 is in default of any
>>service contract that calls for "best effort" or similar on L3's part.
>
> can you cite the relevant clause in your Level3 contract that brings you to this
> conclusion.. hint: you might be looking a long time because it doesnt exist and
> they're not in breach

Rather than speculation, it would be helpful to refer to the actual
contracts.  Please post the relevant sections, Mr Wilcox.

I don't have a L(3) contract.  Merit seems to have one with Cogent (and
mine is with Merit), but I don't have ready access to that one, either.

We'll need to see the contractual language before embarking on a
concerted effort.

--
William Allen Simpson