Cogent/Level 3 depeering

John Curran jcurran at istaff.org
Thu Oct 6 02:49:37 UTC 2005

At 5:32 PM -0400 10/5/05, Hannigan, Martin wrote:

>> Just curious - Has this activity impacted voice services for
> > anyone, and/or has either opened a FCC NORS report?
>
>Why could you open a NORS unless it's impacting LD and meet-me minutes?

As of 3 Jan 2005, cable telephony outages of >30 minutes duration and
potentially >900000 user minutes are now included in the mandatory
reporting requirements.

1000 users, 15 hours, isn't all that much when you think about it - At some
point in the near future, an split such as this is almost assured of having FCC
attention due to the consequential consumer & business impact.

/John