AW: Cogent/Level 3 depeering

Patrick W. Gilmore patrick at ianai.net
Wed Oct 5 19:40:08 UTC 2005

On Oct 5, 2005, at 12:49 PM, John van Oppen wrote:

> I think in all the recent cases, cogent ended up buying transit
> from verio.
>
> That was the case for access to AOL and Sprint when I turned off my
> cogent feed a week ago.   I think that is also what they did with
> france telecom but I am not sure on that one as I never checked (I
> had other transit).

When AOL de-peered Cogent, they got to AOL via Above.Net.  But that
was a long time ago.

When Teleglobe de-peered Cogent, Teleglobe turned the peering back
on.  I guess Cogent's attitude of "this hurts you more than me" worked.

When FT de-peered Cogent, Cogent bought (more) transit from Verio.

--
TTFN,
patrick