Cogent/Level 3 depeering

Alex Rubenstein alex at nac.net
Wed Oct 5 19:27:48 UTC 2005

Not to add fuel to the fire, but many IP contracts with my upstreams have
a clause, which is very similar across vendors:

"VENDOR cannot guarantee the peering sessions between our ourselves and
other companies and/or networks. There is no guarantee of end to end
connectivity between you as a CUSTOMER and other non-VENDOR controlled
networks."

While it actually has meaning now, I am not sure you'd get a vendor to
delete that from an agreement.

--
Alex Rubenstein, AR97, K2AHR, alex at nac.net, latency, Al Reuben
Net Access Corporation, 800-NET-ME-36, http://www.nac.net