Cogent/Level 3 depeering

Joe Abley jabley at isc.org
Wed Oct 5 16:08:34 UTC 2005

On 5-Oct-2005, at 11:57, Simon Lockhart wrote:

> On Wed Oct 05, 2005 at 11:50:52AM -0400, Matthew Crocker wrote:
>
>> I opened a billing/support ticket with Cogent.   I'm not planning on
>> paying my bill or continuing the contract if they cannot provide full
>> BGP tables and full Internet transport (barring outages).   Luckily I
>> have 2 other providers so I can still reach Level 3.
>
> We tried the same line with Level3 - and were told "Tough, we're
> not paying
> service credit. The transit still works, just its coverage is slightly
> different".

Cogent seem to be suggesting an alternate solution, which involves
them giving away free transit to l(3) customers. This might be useful
for some here who are feeling pain.

[I realise that there are probably at least nine sides to this story
and that the text here represents just one of them.]

http://status.cogentco.com/