TLD anycast clouds?

Elmar K. Bins elmi at 4ever.de
Wed Oct 5 07:37:54 UTC 2005

scg at gibbard.org (Steve Gibbard) wrote:

> I'm attempting to come up with a list of all the top level domain DNS
> servers that are anycasted.  I already know about the anycast clouds run
> by PCH, Neustar, Verisign, DENIC, and UltraDNS, and .mx appears from
> traceroutes to be anycasted as well.
>
> (I know about the anycasted root servers as well; they're out of scope for
> this question...)
>
> Are there others that I'm missing?

Add .de to your list. "z.nic.de" is anycasted.

I'd propose taking the list of TLDs, generating the list of associated
authoritative DNS servers (and their IP addresses) and try that list
on the routing registries...

Cheers,
	Elmi.

--

"Begehe nur nicht den Fehler, Meinung durch Sachverstand zu substituieren."
                          (PLemken, <bu6o7e$e6v0p$2 at ID-31.news.uni-berlin.de>)