(What If?) ccTLD Delegation Question

Matthew Kaufman matthew at eeph.com
Mon Oct 3 21:35:14 UTC 2005

Joe Johnson:

> Call it Monday Boredom, if you will, but a funny DNS question
> just popped into my head: if I were to, say, win the lotto
> and buy my own Island (which, of course, would technically be
> its own country)

Premise false. Parsing of question terminated.

All islands you might buy are parts of existing countries (with existing
country codes)

A better plan might be to incite a country-dividing civil war somewhere, and
fund it sufficiently with your lottery winnings that a new independent
country is formed in the aftermath. You might not want to live there during
the process, though.

Matthew Kaufman
matthew at eeph.com