(What If?) ccTLD Delegation Question

Joe Johnson nanog at sendjoeanemail.com
Mon Oct 3 21:28:29 UTC 2005

Call it Monday Boredom, if you will, but a funny DNS question just popped into my head: if I were to, say, win the lotto and buy my own Island (which, of course, would technically be its own country), would I be able to receive a ccTLD for said island nation?  Kind of like .joejohnsonisland  or .jji?

If so, would the DNS have to be actually contained inside of said island?  I think not, as it was mentioned earlier that .iq was run from Texas, but it's always good to ask.

Joe Johnson
joe at sendjoeanemail.com