Akamai server reliability

Roy garlic at garlic.com
Mon Nov 28 18:39:51 UTC 2005

Hi,

Many moons ago, we got a set of Akamai servers.  Over the years I think
they replaced every one of them at least once.  Last August we got a
another set of servers due to a move and now two of those three servers
have failed.

I still have the original server that started garlic.com in production
after 11+ years so I know servers can last a long time.  I don't
understand why Akamai failure rates are so high

Is anyone else seeing high failure rates of Akamai servers at their
facilities?

Roy