What do we mean when we say "competition?"

Deepak Jain deepak at ai.net
Sun Nov 27 02:02:26 UTC 2005

Robert E.Seastrom wrote:
> My understanding is that there is a fairly small number of pots
> circuits (2?) that they can bring in over the B-PON, and that moreover
> ISDN BRI and hicap (eg. repeatered or HDSL DS1 service) are entirely
> incompatible.
>
> In Virginia, there's anecdotal evidence that suggests that they'll
> leave the copper upon request, and won't even try to remove it if you
> still need it for service.

I can verify that they will leave it if you ask them to. At least in
Maryland. Though I told them to remove it.

If I want copper service again, I can just order some services that they
can't deliver over FIOS yet and solve the problem that way. It might be
more fun to do that... come to think of it.

What is REALLY interesting is that they will suggest to Cable folks (who
only use the internet service) that they can get Comcast to remove any
aerials they have if they are done with Comcast service. You can imagine
the negative revenue created by that kind of activity.

Deepak Jain
AiNET