Outbound mail filtering on large mail / web server farms - just an idea or two that I have

Suresh Ramasubramanian ops.lists at gmail.com
Mon Nov 21 03:25:39 UTC 2005

On 11/20/05, Michael Loftis <mloftis at wgops.com> wrote:
> quite often, which they already do to our normal mail systems even when
> things are going well, again, because of forwards.  I'd imagine there's a
> way I could get just the (AOL) forwarded mail pushed to a separate machine

The difference is of course that when you separate .forward traffic to
a separate IP you tell AOL its a forwarding server. And setup reverse
dns + hostname for that box that says something like
"dotforward.wgops.com" ...

Once you do that you should be reasonably good to go

> with our current (older version) Postfix setup but I haven't actually
> looked into it.  We use SQL based tables for everything in order to make
> automation much simpler on our end.

Implementing these suggestions is much simpler once you do that

--
Suresh Ramasubramanian (ops.lists at gmail.com)