Someone from nic.net registrar please contact me off-list

Evaldo Gardenali evaldo at gardenali.biz
Thu Nov 17 21:22:30 UTC 2005

Hannigan, Martin wrote:
> You know, if people are going to post here as a paging service, it would
> be nice to put some indication as to why - perhaps the rest of us can
> assist more quickly? 9 times out of 10 we can since it's usually
> operator/user error and not necessarily the providers issue. At least
> that's my experience with "$doofus to the white lobby phone". YMMV.
>
> -M<

Hi,

Sorry, I know nanog is not a paging service... The indication I can give
is: we were locked outside of their website, couldnt log in, they didn't
reply to our emails, and when I called them (a few international calls,
several days), the answering system said their customer care center was
closed.

Since it is a very specific issue, regarding their own system, and not
network/infrastructure trouble, I omitted the details. I decided to mail
nanog as a last resort because I really hope that there is someone
listening.

Interesting enough, one of our folks found out that you can skip their
failure someway by indicating you want to buy a domain, not log in...
then the system asks you if you got an account and bingo ;)

The normal login procedure, however, used to give us coldfusion errors
and now gives us 404 errors.

Sincere apologies, and I hope you understand the situation.

Kind Regards,
Evaldo Gardenali