Issue AS and Subnet Announcment on BGP - Conflict with a major TelCO - 30h+ of route flapping unresolved

Jeroen Massar jeroen at unfix.org
Thu Nov 17 18:57:27 UTC 2005

Geoff Huston wrote:

> Normally I'm rather loathe to send urls around - but in this case you
> may find this APNIC work directly relevant to what you are asking for:
>
> http://www.ripe.net/ripe/meetings/ripe-51/presentations/pdf/ripe51-address-certificate.pdf

It's really good to see this taking off in the APNIC region, but the big
question: is there any movement in RIPE and ARIN!? A joint effort for
this would be nice and also allow testing across the world. Also if the
certs are deployed in APNIC I am sure that quite some ISP's on this side
of the planet want to verify what is getting announced what they don't
want to see ;) I found that the sig-ca mailinglist is a closed list.

Greets,
 Jeroen

PS: For people who didn't see it yet "BGP - The Movie" @
http://www.apnic.net/news/hot-topics/index.html#history