the future of the net

Gregory Hicks ghicks at cadence.com
Thu Nov 17 07:50:43 UTC 2005

> Cc: nanog at merit.edu
> From: Gordon Cook <cook at cookreport.com>
> Subject: Re: the future of the net
> Date: Wed, 16 Nov 2005 21:08:26 -0500
> To: Randy Bush <randy at psg.com>
>

> I hit it right after randy posted it and read the whole thing...very
> good very rich ...filled with links and yeah
>
> now its gone and the text seems not to be retrievable from my cache.

I just read the page - and have a copy if you want...

> Doc Searles will surely say what the heck happened???  spooky
>
> and i agree with the kevin werbach quote - be very afraid.
>
> On Nov 16, 2005, at 8:53 PM, Randy Bush wrote:
>

> >> Oh, the irony - all I get is:
> >> Access denied
> >> You are not authorized to access this page.
> >> I guess in the future the net is going to be exactly the same is it
> >> it now...

> > same here not half an hour after i read it at that url
> >
> > i guess the sbc ceo did not like the article.  too bad,
> > as the first third was *very* well framed, if a bit on
> > the hyperbolic.
> >
> > perhaps someone with connections at linuxjournal can
> > sort this out for us.  i'm a bsd user.
> >
> > randy

Gregory Hicks                           | Principal Systems Engineer
Cadence Design Systems                  | Direct:   408.576.3609
555 River Oaks Pkwy M/S 6B1
San Jose, CA 95134

I am perfectly capable of learning from my mistakes.  I will surely
learn a great deal today.

"A democracy is a sheep and two wolves deciding on what to have for
lunch.  Freedom is a well armed sheep contesting the results of the
decision." - Benjamin Franklin