[Latest draft of Internet regulation bill]

Christopher L. Morrow christopher.morrow at mci.com
Sat Nov 12 23:58:24 UTC 2005

On Sat, 12 Nov 2005, Sean Donelan wrote:

> Is there some licensing body that surveys 99 out of 100 people to
> decide if something is "the whole internet?" That licensing body
> would then have the power to order ISPs to carry just those web

that seems like a tough challenge...

> sites? If 99 out of 100 people only access the top 20 or so web
> sites, is that the "whole Internet" for them, because they think the
> web is the Internet?  Would this be "must carry" for broadcast television
> stations that must be carried for free by cable systems?  Would the

Wow, and cable/dsl folks could stop carrying other 'end system' (consumer)
folks... it'd really cut down on P2P traffic problems I bet! Also, who's
going to complain since '99.9% of all P2P is illegal' anyway? (see someone
else's study about how 'all p2p is illegal', probably mpaa or riaa
sponsored)