reminiscing (was re: level 3)

brett watson brett at the-watsons.org
Fri Nov 11 23:09:47 UTC 2005

On Nov 11, 2005, at 2:50 PM, bmanning at vacation.karoshi.com wrote:

> we clustered the engineers into the IETF terminal
> 	room

since we're reminiscing, we did this at dallas ietf in 1995, i think
it was (yes, http://merit.edu/mail.archives/nanog/2000-11/
msg00222.html).  we had hit a timer bug in is-is that was causing
routers to lose adjacencies.  ravi sat down at a terminal, found the
bug in the code, compiled a new image, and we loaded and "rebooted
the network" that evening.  nasty, but fun.  we don't seem to have
fun like this anymore.

(maybe it wasn't as simple as ravi "finding the bug", but i do seem
to remember he fixed this in short order)

-b