[Latest draft of Internet regulation bill]

Owen DeLong owen at delong.com
Fri Nov 11 06:35:35 UTC 2005

Actually, having now read the entire proposed law, I think it is
remarkably reasonable compared to most of what Congress has done
lately.

It sets the regulatory threshold for ISPs and VOIP providers at
a very low level.  It preempts most of the local regulations.
It provides for the possibility that the FCC can allow a VOIP
provider exemption from 911/e911 service provision based on
technical feasibility.  It actually, to me, seems like a well
thought out and well written piece of legislation.

I encourage everyone to read it in its entirety and then contact
your representative and encourage them to vote as you see fit.

Owen