classful routes redux

Michael.Dillon at btradianz.com Michael.Dillon at btradianz.com
Tue Nov 8 15:41:23 UTC 2005

> ... which is why I specifically said "no intention to ever connect to,
> or communicates with nodes on, the global network". In which case
> overlaps in adressblocks are irrelevant, as are any mention of NAT and
> firewalls as there is no connection (direct or indirect) between the
> networks.

The only case that I am aware of where there is truly
*NO* intention to ever connect to the global Internet
is military networks. When I was referring to other
internets I did not have military networks in mind.

In every other case that I am aware of, the partcipants
in the internet also maintain connectivity to the Internet
via alternate paths.

--Michael Dillon