classful routes redux

bmanning at vacation.karoshi.com bmanning at vacation.karoshi.com
Thu Nov 3 02:40:45 UTC 2005

> > > 	hostroute == /64
> > >
> > > (and just think of all that spam than can originate from all those
> > >  "loose" IP addresses in that /64 for your local SMTP server!!! Yummy)
> > >
> > > -- Oat Willie

	ok... so is it -just- me that gets the willies thinking of the
	2x64-1 available IPv6 addresses that can be forged as source
	addresses for spam origination?    i REALLY want to have a tidy
	way of only announcing -EXACTLY- what is being used (ok, modulo
	one or two adjacent numbers)  and not some architecturally
	constrained "addressing plan" that has to conserve elsewhere.
	(yeah, and my co-bills want ponies)

--bill