cogent+ Level(3) are ok now

John Payne john at sackheads.org
Tue Nov 1 16:46:20 UTC 2005

On Nov 1, 2005, at 9:40 AM, Patrick W. Gilmore wrote:

> If your business model is to provide flat-rate access, it is not
> _my_ responsibility to ensure your customers do not use more access
> than your flat-rate can compensate you to deliver.

That is something that has always confused me about ratio based
peering disputes.
Surely it is the responsibility of the content-sucking network to
build and engineer to meet the demands of *their* customers (and
build the cost of doing that into the pricing model).   It appears to
me that the content heavy networks are going above and beyond to work
around the broken model that the content-suckers have.

What am I missing?