Stanford Hack Exposes 10,000

Fergie (Paul Ferguson) fergdawg at netzero.net
Thu May 26 00:43:41 UTC 2005

Everything is new again.

- ferg

-- Adam McKenna <adam at flounder.net> wrote:

On Thu, May 26, 2005 at 12:28:32AM +0000, Fergie (Paul Ferguson) wrote:
> I really didn't mean to start an off-topic rat-hole discussion,
> but instead, point out how bad (nonchalant, cavalier) site security
> has become with reagards to storing sensitive information.

Has it really 'gotten' bad or just been that way all along?  I don't know how
the security was where you went to college, but at my school, people's SSN's
were posted up on grading sheets for all to see.  The names were missing, but
still, you could easily get them just by watching people check their grades.

--Adam

--
"Fergie", a.k.a. Paul Ferguson
 fergdawg at netzero.net or fergdawg at sbcglobal.net