BCP regarding TOS transparancy for internet traffic

Valdis.Kletnieks at vt.edu Valdis.Kletnieks at vt.edu
Wed May 25 15:49:23 UTC 2005

On Wed, 25 May 2005 13:08:29 +0200, Mikael Abrahamsson said:

> My thoughts was otherwise to zero TOS information incoming on IXes,
> transits and incoming from customers, question is if customers expect this
> to be transparent or not.

Out of curiosity, what did you hope to accomplish by zeroing that field?

(If you're planning to zero it on ingress to your network, use it for your
own nefairious traffic-engineering purposes, and then re-zero on egress,
*and* your contracts with your customers say it's OK to do it, then it might
be defensible.  Maybe. ;)