Reback SMS / DSL packet loss issue.

Justin M. Streiner streiner at cluebyfour.org
Thu May 19 01:50:21 UTC 2005

On Wed, 18 May 2005, Stephen Fulton wrote:

> Occasionaly clients connected via ATM PVC's experience packet loss after
> reconnecting due to power loss.  The line sync is fine, but packet loss of
> between 40 - 60% occurs.  Only once I've used "clear sub <subscriber>" to
> disconnect the session does the packet loss stop. Anyone know why that would
> be?

Which model of SMS is this and what version of code are you running?  Also
how are the customers connecting to you (bridged, one PVC per customer/static,
PPPoE, PPPoA, etc...)?

It's been a year or so since I've had my hands on an SMS box, but I can
try to blow the dust off of my brain.

Also, if you have a support contract with Redback, have you floated this
past their TAC?

jms