'Call Before You Dig' Article

Curtis Doty Curtis at GreenKey.net
Sat May 14 22:15:41 UTC 2005

This issue went national in March 2005 with the addition of a new N11
number for "One Call" notification.
http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/DOC-257293A1.pdf

The new abbreviated number will be 811 and it looks like carriers are
required to implement by April 2007--since it's been in the Federal
Register for about a month now.
http://www.access.gpo.gov/su_docs/fedreg/a050413c.html

../C