Cogent norther california fiber cut -- details?

John van Oppen john at vanoppen.com
Sat May 14 06:40:23 UTC 2005

Anyone know anything about the Fiber cut that took Cogent's Seattle POP
out of commission at about 6 PM (PST) today?

Their NOC seems a bit on the clueless side just saying there is no ETA
and that the cut is somewhere in northern California.   Apparently they
have no backup into this market, as I am only receiving routes on my
transit peer with them and have been since the cut.   Good thing I am
not single homed, but I feel sorry for those who are.

John van Oppen
PocketiNet Communications
AS23265
See everyone in Seattle this weekend.