what will all you who work for private isp's be doing in a few years?

Dave Hilton hilton at entelos.com
Wed May 11 20:38:38 UTC 2005

Folks,

I'm going to butt in here.  Correct me if I'm wrong.

Several years ago, here in California, the word was spread that a cable
company has the right to the data and to the information which can be
derived from it: rational was that cable is PRIVATE whereas things like
POTS lines, DSL, T1, etc. were PUBLIC CARRIER.

I, personally, was told, during a job interview in the San Jose area,
for a position as a Forth programmer, that the desired outcome of the
project was for the cable company to derive access information and
purchasing information from the streams of electrons coursing through
their cable medium.

Maybe I have been mislead, maybe things have changed, but, just to be on
the safe side - my household is sticking to analog cable, and several
DSL lines, much to Comcast's disgust.

Dave Hilton