Internet attack called broad and long lasting

Valdis.Kletnieks at vt.edu Valdis.Kletnieks at vt.edu
Wed May 11 16:51:56 UTC 2005

On Wed, 11 May 2005 16:59:56 +0400, Gadi Evron said:

> Well, I suppose it's not really a great idea to wait until things get
> wonky to establish good and operational relations with your uplink.

Fortunately for me, we've got such good operational relations with our
primary uplink that I don't even have to go outside to get to their NOC. ;)

The problem is that for most sites, "good operational relations with the uplink"
isn't 100% congruent to "uplink has their security act together".  As a result,
you get to have the "Hello, Uplink? You guys get hacked?" "Umm.. yeah" phone
call...