Internet attack called broad and long lasting

Gadi Evron gadi at tehila.gov.il
Wed May 11 10:44:22 UTC 2005

Alexei Roudnev wrote:
> O, my god. Primitive hack, primitive ssh exploit.... I watched it all 6
> years ago, bnothing changed since this.
>
> It is _minor_ incident, in reality.

Primitive I can understand, but _minor_?

First, I don't really see why an attack should be estimated by the tool
used. If a 10 years old exploit would work, why should an attacker look
for and use a 0day? It's silly allocation of resources.

Burrowing from that, if the attack is successful, and the loss is
significant, I think the way there - although cute, is irrelevant except
for the defender.

	Gadi.