DOS attack tracing

Richard richard at o-matrix.org
Mon May 9 23:35:06 UTC 2005

Hi,

We recently experienced several DOS attacks which drove our backbone routers
CPU to 100%. The routers are not under attack, but the router just couldn't
handle the traffic. There is a plan to upgrade these routers. One criteria
is the ability to track which IP address is under attack and blackhole the
traffic quickly. Anyone can share your experience of what kind of router is
capable of doing this?

Also besides having a powerful router which can handle large volume of
traffic, is there any other things that we need to consider in selecting the
routers?

Thanks,
Richard