anycast and ddos

Kim Onnel karim.adel at gmail.com
Sat May 7 00:48:46 UTC 2005

I've looked around most DDoS prevention methods outhere, i can safely
say that alot of them usually just repeat each other, for me it all
boils down to

1) CoPP and aggresive SPD to protect the routing/management when
infrastructure is attacked.

2) Getting Riverhead, which is a shame if they had it and it didnt save the day.

3) Netflow to detect the attacking sources/dst and using Filtering and
blackholing methods. (Arbor, open-source tools...)

So, if they had all that in place and still they were brought down,
then i would seriously like to look for new/different solutions
applied or perhaps someone on the list could give us his experience in
a case of a heavy ddos where it was easily mitigated with the above.

Regards