WiFi Hot Spot Billing Software

Eric Whitehill eric at botbay.net
Wed May 4 20:46:49 UTC 2005

G'Day:

Over the last month, I have been working in vain with a company to get
their billing software working with our radius gear (Colubris).  Since
this software company's support leaves something to be desired, I was
wondering if anyone had any recommendations for software we could use.

Some of the requirments:

-  Must be able to process Credit Card Payments
-  Ability to tie seamlessly into Colubris and Cisco Aironet gear
-  Needs to handle different billing groups (unlimited group, $2/hr group,
etc)
-  Tiering the groups (charging different amounts at different times of
the day)
-  Needs to be customizeable, i.e. Webpage customer sees when logging in
-  Must run under *nix.
-  Support for program must be in a timely manner - no leaving voice mail
and not getting a response back, or getting an email back 12+ hours later
when the system is down!

There are a couple more, but these are the deal breakers.

Thanks,

-Eric