[dnsop] DNS Anycast revisited (fwd)

Patrick W. Gilmore patrick at ianai.net
Wed May 4 03:56:48 UTC 2005

Sorry if it was not clear, but my post had _nothing_ to do with "CDNs".

I was just talking about people setting up anycast name servers, each
of which pointed at a different HTTP server (or other service), to
spread load.  In many cases, the two servers are the same.

--
TTFN,
patrick

On May 3, 2005, at 10:27 PM, Edward B. Dreger wrote:

> PWG> said many times, reality trumps NANOG posts.  Since this is a
> PWG> _working_ configuration today, I would say that disproves any
> claims
> PWG> that it cannot or will not work.
>
> I'd not go so far as to say "disproves", but it shifts the burden of
> proof.

No, it disproves.  You say "it will not / cannot work".  Showing you
a working instance in production absolutely disproves your statement.

You can say "it might break", but that's a different statement.

--
TTFN,
patrick