On the record - debunking technical fallacies

Dean Anderson dean at av8.com
Tue May 3 22:29:36 UTC 2005

On Tue, 3 May 2005, David Barak wrote:

> Dean has weighed in on topics such as router architecture and the
> ubiquitousness of packet-based-load-balancing in backbone networks, and
> been thoroughly wrong.

I never said that PPLB is ubiquitous (widely used--for those not so used
to big words).  I said that it is possible to see it. And that if you see
it, it will not work with anycast TCP DNS.

Second, the router architecture issue about whether PPLB was possible on
certain routers. It is possible on a great number of routers. But there
are some details I missed.

Please don't put (wrong) words in my mouth, and then say I'm wrong.

		--Dean

617 344 9000