On the record - debunking technical fallacies

Michael.Dillon at radianz.com Michael.Dillon at radianz.com
Tue May 3 15:40:51 UTC 2005

> it does no good for me to filter out the crackpots
> if the rest of you are just
> going to keep on replying to same.  so, as RAH had
> LL say: "never try to teach
> a pig to sing, it wastes your time and annoys the pig."

I believe it is still necessary (and a good thing) to
post messages on the record that debunk technical fallacies.
This mailing list is archived on more than one website
and indexed by search engines. If we ignore technical
fallacies without explaining why and how they are wrong,
then there is a risk that learners will read those
technical fallacies and create future de facto
standards based on them.

However, Jay Ashworth has now set up the Best Practices wiki at
http://bestpractices.wikicities.com/wiki/Main_Page
Perhaps that is a better place to have these technical
arguments?

--Michael Dillon