Vonage Hits ISP Resistance

Owen DeLong owen at delong.com
Thu Mar 31 22:26:56 UTC 2005

Tiered service is fine, but, charge per octet transferred will not work for
me until I can have control over which octets are transferred.  As long
as I can't block spammers and abusers from adding to my bill without
blocking services I want (email, web usage, the ability to host some
small websites, etc.), and as long as search engines and such can generate
traffic on my network without  me having any recourse to bill them for
it to recoup my costs, I think metered service is not a great idea,
at least at the small-pipe (<10mbps) end of the scale.

Owen

--On Thursday, March 31, 2005 10:25 AM -0500 Greg Boehnlein