Disappointment at DENIC over Poor Rating in .net Procedure

Paul Vixie vixie at vix.com
Thu Mar 31 22:26:19 UTC 2005

> > "The report that this week decided the ownership of the second most
> > important directory on the Internet has been called into question with
> > the claim that a fundamental element of it is factually incorrect."

can it BE?  is this game RIGGED?  what a SHOCKING SURPRISE!  ("not.")

based strictly on the choice of telcordia as the evaluator, the .NET bid
appears to have just been ICANN's way of earning USD $800K extra this year.
(minus the fee paid to telcordia, that is.)

(i was mostly done being bitter about the way .ORG was handled, until
someone showed me that PIR had more or less gone out of existence... i
really expected this to take a little longer, just for appearance' sake.)
--
Paul Vixie